Got the sad news that my precious Aunt passed away late on Tuesday evening. It was a call I had been waiting to get for weeks now. Yet somehow when the phone rang gone 11.30pm, and I heard Uncle Vivian's voice, trying to hold back his emotion and get on with what needed to be done, somehow, I just wasn't ready. Are we ever, can we ever be? To say a final goodbye to the souls we love. I am so sad, for my loss really. For the hole you leave in this world, in my world. You have shown me only warmth, and love and wisdom. You have always been rooting for us, for Casey, Emily and I. Always a champion for our dreams, encouraging us to go for it, enthusiastic about our plans and undertakings here at Manor Farm Cottage, always interested in what we were doing or hoping to do. I am going to miss being able to share these moments and adventures with you.
But I know you are at last resting.
You have shown me what true grace really means, shown me what it is to endure growing older with a spirit of dignity and determined optimism. Thank you, for the gift of your life. It has touched mine in a way that will stay with me forever. Thank you for the dream I had last night, for the opportunity to say goodbye.
All around me snowdrops and crocuses are nosing their way through the frozen earth. You loved flowers, you loved watching them come into bloom. And so I will remember you and honour you in every single flower that shows it's smiling face in my garden. Sleep peacefully dear dear Aunt.
2 comments:
Oh, my Angel.. so sorry to hear about your loss. Beautifully described. My heart goes out to you. Love you.
Post a Comment